Well -- you had me at Boston. I was born there and lived there until I was nineteen, so I have a weakness for the setting and the characters there.
I loved the anecdote about Miss Stein and how you characterized Kate at such a young age and I thought it was great when Miss Stein said, "malarky!"
One of the things that told me volumes about Michael and Kate was: "It was a procedural mistake, and not even a big one. It had to be erased, that's all."
My favorite section was the one on time. It is fresh and melancholic and true.
I'm now left wondering how Jeff died, I'm interested in more Sally -- she's a great character, and Jeff Jr. And what a tease at the end.
Welcome, fellow Dickensian. You had me as soon as you referred the Prayer of Humble Access from the old (and Rite I of the new) Prayer Book. It's a great beginning.
The Miss Stein story and the chilling "She did" line are particularly effective. I'll certainly be back.
Just catching up with these comments. Thanks, all! Trust me--there will be more Sally, more Jeff (including his death), and much, much more Kate, Mike, and Jeff Jr....plus a few characters who haven't entered the story yet.
This is great, by the way, to have appreciative readers during a stage which has always been a lonely & silent trek for me. Now, if I can just NOT suck.....
7 comments:
Well -- you had me at Boston. I was born there and lived there until I was nineteen, so I have a weakness for the setting and the characters there.
I loved the anecdote about Miss Stein and how you characterized Kate at such a young age and I thought it was great when Miss Stein said, "malarky!"
One of the things that told me volumes about Michael and Kate was:
"It was a procedural mistake, and not even a big one. It had to be erased, that's all."
My favorite section was the one on time. It is fresh and melancholic and true.
I'm now left wondering how Jeff died, I'm interested in more Sally -- she's a great character, and Jeff Jr. And what a tease at the end.
I'm eager to read more of this.
I loved this. And would definitely definitely read more!
Welcome, fellow Dickensian. You had me as soon as you referred the Prayer of Humble Access from the old (and Rite I of the new) Prayer Book. It's a great beginning.
The Miss Stein story and the chilling "She did" line are particularly effective. I'll certainly be back.
Excellent. I'm totally hooked by this strange ability of Kate's. I'm already looking forward to the next.
HHhmmmmm.....intriguing...Looking forward to reading more.
Welcome to the Dickens Challenge, Bill!
I really like the interplay of relationships here--especially Mike and Kate's--and I'm looking forward to learning more about Jeff and Jeff Jr.
You've established that at least two people are absolutely devoted to this woman, and I'm eager to learn more about her.
Just catching up with these comments. Thanks, all! Trust me--there will be more Sally, more Jeff (including his death), and much, much more Kate, Mike, and Jeff Jr....plus a few characters who haven't entered the story yet.
This is great, by the way, to have appreciative readers during a stage which has always been a lonely & silent trek for me. Now, if I can just NOT suck.....
Post a Comment